ICT Support Officer– Milton
About the role
This is a fantastic opportunity for a motivated and enthusiastic individual, who might be looking for their start in the IT industry.
This is a 12 month contract position.
The ICT Support Officer, as an active member of the ICT team, will be responsible for:
- Providing 1st level ICT support in person, over the phone and remotely;
- Proactively follow up with ICT queries to ensure they are resolved;
- Undertaking installation and troubleshooting for hardware, operating systems and desktop applications;
- Performing daily routine checks and functions;
- Assisting with the rollout and upgrade of desktop computer systems and applications; and
- Making routine changes and additions within Active Directory.
Critical to your success in this role will be the proven ability to demonstrate
- knowledge of the configuration and management of a computer system within a Microsoft Windows Server virtualised environment
- exceptional written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate at a technical level and with non-technical users
- excellent problem solving skills
- a willingness to learn and adaptive
- a proven track record of strong customer service
- the ability to work within a fast-paced, small team environment on a wide range of simultaneous tasks
In addition you
- may possess a qualification in Information Technology or a related field
- will maintain a positive Federal Police Check and current Australian drivers licence
It will be highly regarded if you
- have an understanding of ITSM and ITIL processes, VMware virtualisation and Citrix Xenapp desktop delivery.
You will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment medical prior to any offer of employment.
Our Support Centre, located in Milton, provides specialist advice to our services in areas such as finance, human resources, corporate communications, information technology as well as clinical governance.
Lutheran Community Care (LCC) is a well-established and respected organisation whose employees provide services for seniors, young people, families, people with disabilities and mental health concerns.
As a not-for-profit organisation, we reinvest all operating surpluses into continually improving our services and expanding our reach to more people in our communities.
We operate 18 services across urban and regional Queensland, employing more than 1,350 staff and drawing on the support of several hundred volunteers.
LCC sees its role as being to help our clients experience joy and hope in their lives to the greatest possible extent – irrespective of the challenges they face
How to apply
To apply for this position, please complete the below personal details and attach your resume.
A position description is available by clicking here. Please email all queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.