Chef - Caboolture
About the role
This is a part time opportunity with 30 hours per fortnight.
As Chef you will be responsible for:
- Promoting and providing an innovative meal service to meet changing resident’s needs, as well as food safety and quality standards;
- Managing a quality meal service within budgetary limits as well as providing input into budget setting and identifying budgetary savings or service improvements when possible;
- Effectively and efficiently managing menu development, stock control, ordering, invoicing and operations of a sustainable imprest system;
- Managing food safety and quality systems, including regular audit and reporting processes and prompt rectification of identified shortfalls, and;
- Managing the advancement and continued improvement of the food service.
Critical to your success in this role will be the proven ability to demonstrate
- significant experience cooking / preparing meals for large groups of people as well as taking into account individual choice and dietary requirements
- experience in the operations of commercial kitchen equipment
- effective and professional interpersonal skills
- the ability to supervise and lead a small team within the operations of a large/complex catering service with minimal direction
In addition you will
- possess an AQF Cert IV (or equivalent Trade qualification)
- maintain a positive Federal police check and an Australian driver’s licence
It is highly desirable you
- have previous experience in an Aged Care environment
You may be required to provide information in relation to pre-existing medical conditions or injuries relevant to this position and submit to a pre-employment medical.
Lutheran Services is a well-established and respected organisation whose employees provide services for seniors, young people, families, people with disabilities and mental health concerns.
As a not-for-profit organisation, we reinvest all operating surpluses into continually improving our services and expanding our reach to more people in our communities.
We operate 18 services across urban and regional Queensland, employing more than 1,350 staff and drawing on the support of several hundred volunteers.
Lutheran Services sees its role as being to help our clients experience joy and hope in their lives to the greatest possible extent – irrespective of the challenges they face.
Established in 1993, St Paul’s Lutheran Aged Care Village offers Ageing in Place to 61 residents as well 37 independent living units. St Paul’s prides itself on providing a holistic approach to the health and wellbeing of its residents.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please complete answers to all below questions and attach your resume.
For further information about this role a position description is available to download by clicking here. To discuss this role further please contact firstname.lastname@example.org