Registered Nurse | Aged Care - Kingaroy
About the Role
Flexible part time, full time and casual working arrangements on offer!
As our New Registered Nurse you will;
- Provide comprehensive evidence-based nursing care in collaboration with a multidisciplinary health care team relevant to scope of practice and skill levels;
- Coordinate clinical staff in a designated area of the service during each shift;
- Provide mentoring to other members of the clinical team;
- Maintain and promote the delivery of quality care of aged care residents according to the Aged Care Accreditation Standards and Best Practice;
- Collect and report information and complete assessments to assist with the formation and review of nursing care plans and funding submissions for each resident;
- Participate in on-call support on a rostered basis;
- Maintaining professional skills and knowledge of self and others through participation in continuing education and performance appraisal and development;
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships within the service and also members of the external health care team;
We are seeking a driven RN with a passion for elder care; successful applicant to this role will demonstrate the following;
- effective leadership and management of a team;
- outstanding interpersonal and communication skills;
- well developed skills in group facilitation as well as working one-on-one;
- Division 1 AHPRA registration
- Minimum 12 months postgraduate experience as an RN
Orana Lutheran Aged Care is one of our nine respected residential aged care services and is the largest such complex in the South Burnett region, offering 94 beds as well as 25 independent living units. Orana also provides home care services in the community. Idyllically located with tranquil rural views across to the Bunya Mountains, Orana prides itself on embracing an ageing in place philosophy.
Lutheran Services is a well-established and respected organisation whose employees provide services for seniors, young people, families, people with disabilities and mental health concerns.
As a not-for-profit organisation, we reinvest all operating surpluses into continually improving our services and expanding our reach to more people in our communities.
We operate 18 services across urban and regional Queensland, employing more than 1,350 staff and drawing on the support of several hundred volunteers.
Lutheran Services sees its role as being to help our clients experience joy and hope in their lives to the greatest possible extent – irrespective of the challenges they face.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please complete answers to all below questions and attach your resume.
For further information about this role a position description is available to download by clicking here.
To discuss this role further please contact Sandie Scott, Care Manager on 07 4162 6555.