Orana Lutheran Aged Care, based in Kingaroy is the largest aged care complex in the South Burnett region, offering 94 beds as well as 25 independent living units. Idyllically located with tranquil rural views across to the Bunya Mountains, Orana prides itself on embracing an ageing in place philosophy.
About the role
As Clinical Nurse you will be responsible for:
- Providing leadership to clinical and care staff;
- Overseeing and assisting in delivery of best practice clinical care of residents;
- Assisting to ensure clinical quality and risk management programs are implemented and followed;
- Undertaking data collection and ACFI assessments for residents, including the collation of nursing care plans;
- Supporting consumer participation in decisions consistent with a person centred care model;
- Participating in on-call support on a rostered basis;
- Providing education to staff on ACFI assessments.
Critical to your success in this role will be the proven ability to demonstrate
- significant experience working in a similar position in the aged care sector
- experience preparing clinical care and the ACFI documentation
- effective and professional written and verbal communication skills
- a strong understanding of continuous improvement concepts and Accreditation Standards as they apply to the aged care sector
In addition you will
- possess APHRA (Nursing) registration
- maintain a positive Federal police check and an Australian driver’s licence
- be required to successfully complete a pre-employment medical prior to any offer of employment.
About the Location
You will be ideally located in the heart of the South-Burnett region with access to all that rural living has to offer. Whilst Kingroy can be considered the ‘cosmopolitan’ area of the region it still has the heart and soul of a country town. You will love weekends full of adventure with plenty to see and do including; winery tours, hiking or one of many annual events Kingaroy has on offer. Take time to unwind exploring the local golf course, vibrant art scene and a number of quaint cafes. Kingaroy offers a fantastic opportunity to break into the property market with affordable housing options and a delightfully low cost of living!
As well as working for an organisation that genuinely cares, we also offer access to significant discounts across a number of areas including private health insurance, gym membership, holiday and travel discounts, home appliances and IT discounts and car rental.
- Lutheran Services is a well-established and respected organisation whose employees provide services for seniors, young people, families, people with disabilities and mental health concerns.
- As a not-for-profit organisation, we reinvest all operating surpluses into continually improving our services and expanding our reach to more people in our communities.
- We operate 18 services across urban and regional Queensland, employing more than 1,350 staff and drawing on the support of several hundred volunteers.
- Lutheran Services sees its role as being to help our clients experience joy and hope in their lives to the greatest possible extent – irrespective of the challenges they face.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please complete answers to all below questions and attach your resume.
For further information about this role a position description is available to download by clicking here. To discuss this role further please contact Sandie Scott, Care Manager on 07 4162 6555.